Friday, January 30, 2015

No biking today

The blizzard here in Boston has left its mark upon the city. While the snow has been cleared from the roads, the plows have piled it up in heaping piles on either side.
The downside of this is that the parking lanes are almost completely under snow, and cars are forced to park in the bicycle lane.
Last night, biking home I stayed in the right lane the whole way home. Overall it went ok, but because the left side parking lanes are also covered, the cars driving next to me are pushed a bit more right then usual. Three lane roads have turned into one and three-quarters, and it's not exactly a bike party.
I decided I didn't feel totally safe biking to work today, so I sadly boarded the T this morning.
Let's hope for a nice rain to wash all the snow away.

No comments:

Post a Comment